Sunday 5 August 2012

Getting Started

Hello All!
I'm not sure if any will stumble upon this blog, but I shall write it anyway.
Firstly here's a bit about me; I'm currently 21 and I live in bonny Scotland, though I'm originally from England. I think I've always been a Scot at heart, after all, it is a beautiful country!
I'm engaged to my wonderful boyfriend, who is actually Scottish.
Mily Cannon is not my real name, it's a pen name as my actual name is quite common and I believe there's already an author using it.
I've always LOVED reading, especially fantasy/adventure. I started at a young age with Enid Blyton- Famous Five, Secret Seven, The Naughtiest Girl, you name it! After that it was the Heartland Series by Lauren Brooke and then the Wicca Series by Cate Tiernan (which introduced me to magic). There were, of course, many in between but these are the major series. At the moment I'm in love with the works of Trudi Canavan- The Black Magician Trilogy, The Age of Five, The Magician's Apprentice and The Traitor Spy Trilogy. I think these books are my inspiration (but I'm not trying to copy!).

So, I'm putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and attempting my own trilogy. Right now, it's called The Keeper's Kingdom, but that could change- it is afterall, early days!
I guess the aim of this blog is to connect to other budding and successful authors, to help eachother, offer advice and tips and maybe review eachother's drafts. Who knows.
Anyway, that's all for now...

Mily

No comments:

Post a Comment