Tuesday 18 September 2012

Chain Writing!

Ok, just for fun, I'm starting a "Chain Story". You remember that game, where someone draws a head, folds the paper and passes it to someone who draws the torso, folds the paper, passes. . .etc? If it has a name, I've forgot it. Anyway, I'm thinking along the lines of that; with words. Obviously, we can't fold the screen, but it will be interesting to see where the story is taken. . .and how far it gets.

Copy the post, add your sentence (just one sentence!) and link all previous writers so we can see where it goes!

Thanks for joining in!
Mily.
(p.s. no raunchy bits please!)
(p.p.s- I just realised, if you write a sentence, you'll have to comment on the post you continue the story from, or we wont be able to follow it!)
-


Water had always fascinated Alex, its eternal journey through history, feeding into life and bearing witness to all that has come and gone; it was beautiful, yet deadly at times.




7 comments:

  1. Ooh I love these!! My friends and I spent like an hour writing these though they're actually more hilarious when you can't see what the person before wrote. I might have to join in on this sometime ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are funnier without seeing the previous part, you're right! I think this'll be more of a non-silly story if enough people join in. . .but I'm interested in how the input of many writers will effect the story, and where people will take it! One sentence could change everything! Looking forward to your sentence if you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I would just copy whatever sentence is before mine and then put it on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Copy the whole thing? Then anyone following you knows what to do. . . Or write your own explanation? The idea is everyone copies the whole story so far and adds their bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay cool =) I might join in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UPDATE: My friend at Emden'sInk has added a nice lil number to the story =) check out his sentence and maybe add you own peeps. Thankies! Mily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emden'sInk: http://emdensink.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/this-is-idea-my-friend-mily-cannon-had.html

      Delete