Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok...sorry for the massive gap since my last post. Naughty me.
So anyway, I have been nominated for The Liebster Blog Award by the lovely Cathriona, who writes a variety of beautiful poetry and prose. I would like to thank her very much for her kind nomination; and also note that her blog deserves the Liebster Award way more than mine!
Apparently, I'm now supposed to write 11 facts about myself, answer Cathriona's 11 questions, and then nominate 11 blogs; writing my own 11 questions for them to answer. So here goes...
Facts About Me
1) I am, currently, 21.
2) I hate hypocrites.
3) My favourite colours are green and orange.
4) My favourite film right now is Suckerpunch.
5) Listening to politicians angers me (as I'm sure it does many).
6) I love the little things in life.
7) I have never been outside of the UK.
8) I love tea, and coffee.
9) I love Scotland, which is where I live (I'm from England).
10) I'm a little bit obsessed with old keys...I love their mystery.
11) I am pagan.
1) What do you love about blogging? I love it's outlet factor. I can rant about anything and those who are interested will read and perhaps respond. Those who aren't can just ignore me. Also, meeting new people.
2) What do you like to do in your spare time? I like to read, and write (obviously). I love cuddling down in front of the TV or a movie with Jamie and a cup of tea. I also like to play the ps3- Call of Duty, Wet, Saints Row, etc. We also like to take the camera for a walk ;)
3) What do you value about yourself and others? In myself, I value my respect for others. I like to think I put others before myself. In others I value honesty and loyalty, and having the balls to do what's right.
4) What was the most significant thing that has happened in your life? Meeting Jamie and moving up to Scotland.
5) Are you in a relationship? Yes, I'm engaged to the above mentioned Jamie (who is awesome, by the way).
6) List three of your favorite things in life and state why?
Friends and family- I can count on them and they can count on me.
Books- I like to plunge into other people's stories.
Jamie- for obvious reasons. :)
7) Where do you get your inspiration from? Trudi Canavan. She is an awesome author; my favourite, in fact. Also, Alison Croggon and Cornelia Funke. Sometimes photographs inspire me, and poems too. Other times things come to me in my sleep but I have no idea where my subconscious gets them from...
8) What are your aims for the future? To have a family...kids of my own. To publish a few books. Other than that, I couldn't tell you.
9) Do you have a motto that you live by? If so, what is it? If not, what would it be?
There's a pagan saying (which is part of many other religions too) which is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Basically, treat everyone how you expect to be treated yourself. I also love the line from Suckerpunch (that's where I heard it, but it could originate from somewhere else) "You have to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything."
10) What type of books and poetry do you enjoy? My favourite genre of books is Fantasy/Fantasy Adventure, but I'll read anything if the blurb catches my eye. As for poetry, I'm quite eclectic. I'm not saying I like every single poem I've read, but I can't pin what I do into a particular category.
11) What is your greatest achievement? Hmmmm...this one is tricky. When I was younger I had a couple of poems published in Young Writers collections through my school. I was pretty proud of that. I don't think I'm old enough yet to have achieved my greatest. So watch this space...
My Nominations for The Liebster Award
Note To Nominees
If you have been nominated, post a thanks to your nominator including the Liebster Award logo (there are many to choose from online), write 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 question asked by your nominator and nominate 11 blogs for the award. The blogs must have less than 200 followers. Write 11 questions for your nominations to answer. Comment on the blogs that you have nominated to let them know.
Questions For My Nominees
1) What is your favourite pass time?
2) If you could have anything in the world, no strings, what would it be?
3) Who is your favourite author and/or poet?
4) Sweet or savory?
5) The apocalypse has come. You have to keep on the move to stay alive and you have to travel light. Other than necessities, you only have room for 5 items in your pack. What would you take?
6) What is your favourite TV show?
7) What is your favourite genre when it comes to books?
8) What do you notice first about a guy/girl?
9) Top three things in life?
10) What makes you blog?
11) If you could time travel would you explore the past or have a glimpse at the future?